I’m Dreaming of A White Christmas – But That’s It!


 My fiancé LOVES snow. I am not exaggerating. As it started to snow this afternoon in Ohio, he started to yell and jump up and down like a little kid! I was immediately summoned to the bedroom to look out the window at the snow falling. As my face was squished to the window and he was still yelling from excitement, I couldn’t help but get a little excited too. The first few snows of the season are so fun and pretty. It shows how close the Holidays are and I love looking at it from my window – in my warm home with some hot coffee.

Not only do I love what the snow brings, but it also brings me hope. Hope for a white Christmas. Snow on Christmas Eve and Christmas day has got to be one of the prettiest and welcoming things. I believe that is just how it was meant to be. With warm clothes on and lit candles during Christmas Eve church service, you walk out into a winter wonderland. On Christmas morning, snuggled up by the fire with family, hot coffee and pajamas on – looking out to see snow falling is a beautiful site. I hope and dream for a white Christmas every year and snow makes me look forward to those moments.

However, this is pretty much the downfall of my positivity about snow. After the Holidays and February starts to hit…I get tired of snow. It is cold, can turn into ice that makes me fall, becomes yucky slush and more. There is a good time for snow, but later into the season in my opinion is a bad time for snow! When the snow lasts too long into the season it often makes me sad, tired and not a huge fan of going outside!

What are your thoughts on snow? Do you like it sometimes and not others? Do you love it all the time? Do you hate it all the time? Either way – I hope you have a White Christmas!

Comments

  1. I'm the same way!! I want nothing more than for it to snow until January 1, but the minute that clock strikes, I'm over snow. There is something about it during the holiday season that adds such beauty and happiness, whereas in regular winter, it becomes an inconvenience. Let's hope, for both of our sakes, we get a White Christmas this year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michaela,

    Snow is quite beautiful! I think Christmas Eve and Christmas day is perfect with a soft layer of white snow on the ground. I love hot chocolate or coffee snuggled up in my snowman pajamas on the couch watching movies. What I do not like is cleaning snow or ice off of my car! I despise walking out to my car to go somewhere and getting my hands cold and wet from cleaning off my car. I also do not like when it gets dangerous to drive due to snow. Other than that, let it snow!

    Thanks for sharing!
    Crystal

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts