Support Music – Because I Know You Love It Too


Support music – because I know you love it too.

Supporting the arts, especially music, is easy for me. I think it will always be easy for me. Music is a huge part of my life and I can’t imagine a day without it.

At the age of 4 I started dance classes and I am not sure I ever stopped dancing or singing. I was a quiet and pretty shy kid, but music let me be creative and be myself. I didn’t need to talk to people, I could just dance and express myself in that way. As I grew up I was involved heavily with sports too, but once I hit high school I focused on the arts. My freshman year I was on the dance team and in a Freshman show choir group, and the next three years I was in all of the musicals and was a singer and dancer in a premier show choir at my high school. I was given opportunities for solos, lead roles and even got the chance to lead worship at my church. Music was a part of everything I did and still is a huge part of my life. Although my major isn’t music, I think I will always make music a part of my life.

However, I know this is not the case for everyone. Some people grow up without the music scene and may just not be musically inclined. I don’t think this excludes you from supporting the arts. Music is a part of everyone’s life. Whether you are singing in your car or shower, at a party on the weekend, can’t workout without music or are an avid concert goer – music is a part of your life. By supporting the arts, you are supporting individuals to grow up around the arts, learn more about it and even educate young musicians. Without music in the schools, we may start to see a decline in the amount of talented musicians pursuing a career in music.

Whether you grew up in the world of sports of music, we should all support music financially, when voting and by going to see shows.

Comments

  1. I love the arts and sports too. Seems to be more money in sports than in the arts and education. Art is around us everyday, we just don't always notice it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts