Senior?


People say time flies. However, I never understand how some years just seem to travel faster than others. The four years I spent in high school felt so much longer than my four years in college. I still hesitate to tell people I am a senior because I can hardly believe it myself. A senior in college. Not only do I forget that I am really a senior, but I might also be a little bit in denial. Many big projects and intimidating tasks come with being a senior. It is now my role to lead organizations, be the team lead on projects in class, complete two capstone projects, and do all of this while looking for a job. These are all exciting opportunities for me and I am proud to be where I am today. However, in the day to day tasks it can be very overwhelming. If I sit and think too much about one task I begin to work myself up and get very worried. The best way I have found to do it is to just take one day at a time. If I look too far ahead I will stress myself out for no reason. Taking things one day at a time and reminding myself how much time I have for other tasks often keeps me in perspective.

I think the most daunting task for me right now is looking for a job. When I start to think about the process, my head starts to spiral into a game of a million questions. When should I start looking? Is my resume good enough? Where should I live? What type of job do I want? Am I qualified for that job position? Where do I even begin? In these moments, I am very thankful for the people I have in my life. They often talk me off the ledge, bring me back to earth, and let me know that my hard work will pay off. I know that God’s timing is bigger than mine anyway and worrying will get me nowhere. I have to sit down, know that I have laid the ground work, and just do my best.  

Comments

  1. I have always looked up to you because I thought you had everything together and planned, but honestly it is kind of comforting you don't. Even though it is stressful now, I know you will find exactly what you want to do and do big things with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Senior year is scary, overwhelming and stressful. I felt the same as Erin, you seem so organized and not stressed at all. I respect you as a classmate and a woman.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts